Presbyterian Preschool and Child Care Center is a state certified, community service program of the First Presbyterian Church of Corvallis. The childcare center is non-doctrinal and a member agency of United Way of Benton & Lincoln Counties.
The mission of the Presbyterian Preschool & Childcare Center is to provide a safe and enjoyable high quality program that meets the needs of all children no matter what their cultural, educational, or socioeconomic background. Tuition assistance may be available for those who qualify thanks to grants and designated donations. Our goal is that all children begin to develop a sense of who they are and develop a love for life-long learning.
Presbyterian Preschool & Child Care Center’s vision is to ensure every child’s emotional, physical, social, intellectual, and creative needs are met in a way that allows each child to feel empowered, get along with others, experience joy and sustain a natural curiosity about the world.
We value excellent quality curricular activities:
- Our state-licensed, non-profit center uses state approved curriculum materials such as Creative Curriculum, HighScope and other state approved curriculum which meet the developmental needs and interests of all children by encouraging exploration, play and creativity
- Staff utilize observations and state approved assessments to meet the needs of all children in an enjoyable and engaging way
- Staff are sensitive to children’s needs, their temperaments, their ways of learning and their developmental pace
- The center is non-religious yet respects the cultural and religious beliefs of others
We value and promote partnerships with families:
- The center hosts Family Nights: family dinners, game and movie nights
- Staff include parents/guardians in respectful communication that ensures all children’s needs are met; sharing observations as well as soliciting ideas and solutions together
- Staff invite parents/guardians to provide feedback about their child, the program and its policies
- Parents/guardians are encouraged to share their culture, traditions, language, interests, abilities, occupations and ideas for activities; to also lead and plan any child appropriate activities
We value high quality staff who are professional and realize the importance of continuous learning
- Staff work to advance their knowledge by continuing professional development training/courses (24+ hours per licensing year)
- Staff realize the importance of being ethical, professional and vow to maintain confidentiality in and out of the work place
- Staff ensure that all children are respected and treated equally and fairly in all situations